Tuesday, May 26, 2009

This has officially become my outlet for thoughts!


This weekend was a lot of fun. I went out to the bar with my brother girl friend on Friday night. It was like a high school reunion. That is typically a situation avoid, I was a theatre/show choir nerd in high school. Surprisingly, everyone was really nice and I caught up with a few people. I played volleyball but barely did anything because the guy next to me damn near pushed me over to get to the ball.

On Sunday we went to a park for a barbecue with the family. We had a lot of fun. My mother suggested I invite this guy I have been hanging out with. He took me to the senior prom and I agreed to meet with him after many invites on his part. I really wish I had not of. I am beginning to feel platonic relationships with the opposite sex are impossible. He was extremely forward and grabby and got to meet Ferris the raging feminist who will not stand for that. I hope to never see him again. (Thankfully I'm pretty sure he doesn't read my blog. Or does he?) A relationship is the last thing I want at the moment, I just got out of one. So the thought of men right now is revolting.

My moms said to me, "Oh, your not a feminist." Where has she been the last few years. She's talking to the same women who plans on keeping her last name, perhaps hyphenating if his is short enough. Oh yeah and since I'm doing all the hard work I'm pretty sure that my children should have my last name. The F word (Feminist) is not a bad thing. I thought my mom knew I didn't wear pink or learn to crochet because society expects me to. i promise this won't be the only feminist rant you hear from me. =)

Today I am painting a few ceilings, already preparing for the August arrival when will have a friend stay with us before the Western Reserve show. I hope all of you Cardi people are coming it is the social event of the summer, next to the national. It has all the same people minus the fancy hotel plus dancing and golf carts! It's so much fun.

My book should be coming to me in the mail in about 4 days! I just finished reading Twilight and New Moon for the second time. I am so ready to find out what happens in the third one. Don't anyone tell me! So who's going to be my date to the New Moon movie on November 20th?

4 comments:

  1. Keep your name! Be friends with men, they are very interesting creatures and you will love the 3rd and 4th books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I just finished reading Eclipse for the second time. You'll love it. I am so glad I decided to read all the books again, they are even better the second time. I read them each in less than a day the first time, so now it's nice to go back and soak up the details. I loved the third book, and the fourth was good, but I was a little disappointed with the way it was written. If you want to come to Kansas City, a group at work is all going to go see New Moon at the "fork and screen" dinner theater so that we can just call it a long lunch hour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a literature major, so I realize the writing is bad in the books. The story however and the characters are like... "my person brand of heroine." lol I am reading them all twice too! You catch more the second time, and... I don't want to run out of books. Then what!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, the fourth book the perspective of the writing I didn't care for so much, but not gonna say much til you read it and see what you think. LOVE the characters. Well, after you read all the books, you read them again, then you listen to them on long drives in the car, and then read them again. And then toss in watching the movie every now and then.

    OH< did you download the Midnight Sun draft and read that? It's 265 pages of the first book, but written by Edward from his perspective. Highly recommend it!

    My friends at work told me I was depressed when I finished the series, because there wasn't any anticipation of reading more.

    We'll save you a seat in November at the theater. ;-}

    ReplyDelete

Hey I welcome comments. Constructive criticism as well. Don't be to mean though.