Sunday, June 14, 2009

Canoe Crazyness


I just returned from a Canoeing trip that I took with some friends. My older brother Justin, his girlfriend Melody, me, my cousin Drew (I adopted him as our cousin), our friend Greg, and his girlfriend Christy all went. We took the trailer which was nice so we weren't really roughing it. The trip down the river we took was 18 miles it was a long one but a heck of a lot of sun. Some also refer to this sport as "cabrewing" because of the involvement of adult beverages. I prefer "Cawineing" haha. I rode with Drew and we were a great team. We ended up being the craziest and the drunkest of our group. The begging of the trip went well as we navigated down the beautiful and rather clean Mohican River. I was in the front and acted as the human jukebox, singing as we went and fulfilling requests. It was all down hill after we got a few drinks in us. We stopped for lunch, still dry at this point at a bar at the side of the river. I had a vodka tonic, a Washington apple, and a delicious BLT. We used the facilities then got back in. Sometime shortly after that we got separated from the rest of the pack, but that was OK. The first flip was Drew's fault, he was uncoordinated and the next thing I new I was underwater. We flipped several times after that, a lot of it was Drew's fault. Twice mine, once because a neighboring canoe tossed me a beer that landed in the river and started to float past, as I leaned to rescue it from a watery grave we went over. Hey, I was trying not to pollute! lol. Another time a chocolate lab named Riley who we retrieved from the river to return to his concerned owners made a jump for it and flipped us again. We ended up flipping a little over 10 times. The water was nice an warm and really enjoyable. We met a lot of new people including some cool college kids from Kent. By the end of the trip me and Drew were quite drunk but had a blast. Today I am totally sore and hurting everywhere. I am covered with scraped and bruises. You should see my legs, covered with black and blue mark. My right hand has a big gash in it from slipping and catching myself on the rocks. My back, sides, shoulders, and arms hurt from rowing. My thighs and hips ache from swimming and trudging through mud. All in all it was a BLAST and I can't wait to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey I welcome comments. Constructive criticism as well. Don't be to mean though.